1.9K views

DeVry University Financial Aid department at 877-496-9050 are the most incompetent individuals I have ever conducted business with.

I warn anyone that decides to attend DeVry University to be aware of the ignorant financial aid representative, escalation desk, and managers.

I’ve had to call DeVry 2-3 times per week for the last 4 months and prior to that I’ve encounter major financial aid issues.

What’s most disturbing about my issues is that they are very simple errors that result in major problems.

For instance, I enrolled into my classes as an undergraduate, but because I went and talk to someone about Keller graduate school, DeVry processed my financial aid as it I was a graduate, and I had not received my undergrad yet.

So FAFSA, was providing me with a larger amount of financial aid, and when I called for several weeks to DeVry they quoted me this amount never realizing that I am taking undergrad classes but I am packaged as a grad student.

Now still at this point I believe what the “professionally trained financial aid advisor” are telling me, but I began to wonder why had I not received any award letters yet?

So I begin calling DeVry for clarification, and they kept telling me that my loans are fine; I’m just waiting for disbursement.

They finally put a ticket in and realize that OPPS you’re an undergrad. Again I wait weeks to be repackaged, and during that time I have graduated.

Now I still have a balance on the account, and my loans are in limbo. I keep calling 2-3 times per week, and finally someone in escalation tells me you have to sign a master promissory note.

I then ask why and their answer was that due to the banks merging and the current economic times my grantor is no longer yielding my loans.

I ask why did I not receive any letters from DeVry or my grantor and they try to blame me for not knowing, after I’ve been calling them 2-3 times per week since I began school.

I then called my grantor and they advised me that they had sold some loans but the still had mine, and all DeVry had to do was send my information to them like normal.

So, I call DeVry again and tell them that I want my same grantor because they have money waiting and only needs the school to request it.

Well DeVry says that since I have graduated already the only option I have is to sign with another grantor, or pay for the classes out of pocket!!!! ( also, someone finally tells me that DeVry and my old grantor “have business relationship problems”) hint, hint. So DeVry picks my new grantor.

I sign the new master promissory note with DeVry’s chosen grantor because I am at my wits end. Next I had to contact my lender to see why it was taking so long for DeVry to receive the funds, and they tell me that they have released the funds to DeVry and

I need to contact DeVry, but of course DeVry is telling me that the lender has my loans on hold.

Eventually DeVry says “yes we have your loans and they are waiting to be disbursed”. Now weeks go by and DeVry feeds me that line that they have X amount of time to disburse the loans.

Finally the loans are disbursed and I have a credit on my account, and again they say we have up to 14 business days to send you the credit.

Throughout those 14 days I call as I said before 2-3 times per week because every time I call I get a totally different answer.

Then on the 10th business day I call and ask what happens if I don’t receive the funds on the 14th business day and the guy tells me we will put in a ticket.

I ask if he could go on and put one in now and he says no we have to wait. Then low-and-behold, the 14th business day I call and they say we will put in a ticket.

I call the next day to ensure that the ticket is in, and the girl tells me “I don’t know why ALL those people told you 14 business days you have graduated and it could take up to 30 days.”

So I keep calling day after day, and low and behold some guy now tells me that they have to mail a letter to me so that I can call a number on the letter to to approve the funds, for which they have already paid my balance with and allow them to send me my refund.

I ask him can you now give me the number and he says that no one in the office knows the number, I asked where and who generates the letter, and he can’t tell me.

Oh and did I mention that each time they put in a ticket to this mystery department or I call and they tell me I am waiting for X to happen it all leads back to this mysterious department that DeVry says doesn’t have phones and the only thing the financial aid reps and managers can do is EMAIL them. (I am beginning to think DeVry has some people in another country locked up in a room somewhere paying them $1.00 an hour to manage their financial aid)

Some other signs of terrible Management and decision making is that DeVry has several different databases, which cost millions of dollars, that obviously don’t communicate with one another because one system still shows I have a balance, when the other shows I have a credit.

I’ll update you on what happens next!

And if someone from DeVry reads this please do not reply, for that only shows everyone that instead of working on your institutions real problems and spending our tuition money on providing better training to your staff and service to your students, you’d rather employ bloggers, or have your staff waste time blogging trying to keep your schools reputation instead of having them dedicate time to improving your processes!

So help me God this all is true nothing added, and really who can make this up?

I also most forgot because of all the issues I decided not to go to DeVry and am now completing my MBA at a real college university!!!!!

But here something else DeVry is doing.

Like I said this whole thing started when I went to talk to someone about Keller, well they also added Keller to my FAFSA as a school code.

I went in and made the correction to my new Graduate School, then a few weeks later I checked my FAFSA to make sure my new school information had processed and guess what, Keller had taken my new college off and put Keller back on. I called FAFSA and they said not to worry that they had processed my FAFSA for the new college, I called the new college and they have my information.

But, what the heck is Keller doing? Why and how can they keep changing my school code when I delete them!!!!!

Had an Experience with Devry University?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #832477

DeVry's financial department and all their reps are not fully trained.They are all on a different page and will *** over.

Oh and don't forget that you will be generated an email 3 times a week telling you that your financial information has changed and when you call or go on-line to see if/ what has changed there is not- a- thing that has changed.Then you start the vicious circle again of calling them and the reps and 3rd level analyst(they call themselves) will tell you to ignore those emails..Okay-WOW this is insane !!

I have had terrible issues with their inept financial aid as well! I have over 12k in fafsa aid yet they send me a 2k bill and according to fafsa never even sent in to collect! DO NOT ATTEND DEVRY nothing but huge headaches!

I have been scammed by DeVry University too.The school electronically filed loans in the amount of 66,000.00, which are now $80,000.00.

FFEL Parent Plus Loans (and I am on a fixed income) on my behalf without me knowing. I need to sue them for all the harassment. I found loan applications with the words "electronically filed" where my signature goes. Help!

They are going to garnish my Social Security Disability Income! They can garnish anything and everything because they are federal loans......can anyone help me to fight this scam and above all BAD ethical practices on the financial aid office? They acted like they didn't know what happened when I confronted them. They immediately stopped the loans for my sons four year and finally gave him the student loans.

He was charged $20,000 for the last year.

So we are talking about 100,000.00 for final payment of 4 year bachelor degree in Business Administration and he has been a graduate for 2 years and no job lined up like they promised.WTF?

DeVRY received Title IV Federal Financial Aid for me during a time I was not enrolled and I have had *** trying to get them to return the money to the government. I am seriously contemplating suing them. If you have a similar issue, please email me as there is power in numbers and a multi-plantiff/class action suit may be just what the doctor ordered to get DeVRY to change their tactics.

I can be reached via email at: corlisssims@yahoo.com (3 s's in the middle)

I believe DeVry pulled out loans I never got.I took only one class there yet have almost $10000 in loans.

I never approved this.Anyone have any idea how to fight this?

I am in the SAME EXACT situation as the first poster above!DEVRY STUDENT FINANCE reps are idiots!

Simple avoidable errors costing students money and stress when they are just trying to further their education!10's of thousands of $ a year and we are treated like this?!!!!

:( :( :( :( :( This institution sucks balls....and is very scandalous...ripping people off....UGH!!!!!

I just got a Direct Loans, Disclosure Statement from Devry and I didn't even enroll in any course. The loan is for $5000.

#194265

Sorry my emails is aproudpass2@yahoo.com if anyone know where I can get assistance. I can give more details of the story. Devry told me they can't help me at all......

#194264

I have had so many issue with Devry.I have been having issues with them and my GI bill.

The rep at the school told me that I could attend school online full time and I would receive a stipen of 1388.oo a month. He told me that this is the post 911 withput the BAH. I have 2O credits left and due to the VA overpaying me in 2008. The debt I owed is being repaid because I now attend classes on campus because the VA and the school now tell me that I must attend school on campus for BAH.

However. My school finacial aid rep was also fired and have other student who have VA issues. I haven't been able to use my benifit. I started to work part time because me and my spouse are attending school full time.

I have miss 1766.00 a month since October do to the information my finacial aid rep have given me. 8 have lost my house due to the income loss. I adjusted my life according to what the finacial aid rep told me. The school has also changed my grade from a D to a C with false paper work because my wife was ill with a high risk pregnacy.

The Dean of Devry University at the time told me to take class off campus and continue to turn in my assignment. I did complete all assignemts through the end of the week 8 session. The next session started .I got receipt from Devry that I failed my class and the VA didn't pay me my benifits due to this. I had proof of the Dean allowing me to complete class of Campus and fixing my grade because of this...

This is just to prove the on going issue I have had since I have started at Devry University. I OWE thr VA 5000.00 because of them. I spent hours on the phone with the VA and the school financial aid rep.

Adevry tells me its not their problem and they continue to receive my monthy benifit to pay for their part of the Post 911 gi bill.I know this story my not sound deep but when you are a family of 4 trying to do the right things , I called and verified information to avoid this and Devry tells me they can help..